Followers

Teaser Tuesdays: The Book of Lost Things

|
Title: The Book of Lost Things
Author: John Connolly
Details: PDF, 186 pages
Genre: Fantasy, Contemporary Fiction

He went down on his knees and checked under the bed. He opened the wardrobe and looked in the bathroom next door. He even peered behind the bookcases, where there was a gap barely large enough to accommodate David’s hand. “See?” said his father. “It was just a bird.”

She leaned forward. “Yes, David, what is it?” He took her hand in his. “I’m sorry,” he said. And then he fell back into a dreamless sleep.
 ........

Teaser Tuesdays' Rules

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

What an extremely intriguing and slightly creepy teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesdays-i-curse-the-river-of-time.html

Belinda said...

Ooh I like it. Great teaser :D

My teaser's at http://thebookishsnob.blogspot.com

Shelley Munro said...

It sounds as if he's had a nightmare.

Here's My Teaser

Marg said...

I am not sure what is going on here!

My teaser this week is quite action packed. It's from Frostbitten by Kelly Armstrong.

Alayne said...

I loved this book! Hope you enjoy the rest of it. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Cecelia said...

Alright, now I'm curious. Is that sleep natural? Great teaser!

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Barbara said...

oh, John Connolly -- loved Every Dead Thing. thanks for reminding me of him.

Here's mine from a funny picture book, It's a Book.

Booklover Book Reviews said...

Very mysterious teaser - really like the cover art too...

PS: Thanks for stopping by Booklover Book Reviews!

Buffy said...

I think it's a sign that I read too much when I can't remember if I'm just familiar with this author and title or I've actually read it!

Here's mine:

http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2010/08/teaser-tuesdays-august-31-2010-wilkie.html