Followers

Teaser Tuesdays: House Rules

|
Title: House Rules
Author: Jodi Picoult
Publisher: Atria Books
Details: E-Book, 395 Pages
Genre: Thriller, Drama


He won‘t look you in the eye. And if you pause to speak to someone else for a brief moment, you might turn back to find that Jacob‘s left the room. - Emma ~pg. 9

I don‘t get into trouble because rules are what keep me sane. Rules mean that the day is going to go exactly the way I am predicting it to be. I do what I‘m told; I just wish everyone else would do it, too. - Jacob ~pg. 18

I used to have dreams that my brother was normal. Theo ~pg. 78

........

Teaser Tuesdays' Rules

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

8 comments:

Christie (The Fiction Enthusiast) said...

Interesting teaser! Yet another author I’ve meant to try.

TheBookishSnob said...

I've never read anything by this author but these teasers were great. Thanks for sharing :)

The Bookish Snob - Shades of Desire by LM Pruitt

fredamans said...

Great teasers!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-time_25.html

Novroz said...

I like Picoult, but this one seems to be written in the same fashion as My Sister's Keeper, every characters are becoming the center of each chapter. I hate it when she does that, I like it better if she writes it normaly.

Love the last teaser tho.

Lu said...

Interesting looking book! Love the teasers. New follower :)

Darlyn said...

it's been a long time since i've read Jodi picoult. maybe i might have to read one form her too soon.

Teddyree said...

You picked some great quotes, I really enjoyed House Rules, apart from the ending :)

Anonymous said...

There are some grammatical mistakes in your post, but otherwise I found it somewhat useful.
I don't think it's up to anyone to judge what people's posts should be about. Why not allow everyone to just say what they want (in designated threads, ofcourse)?
How do I make my blog appear in search engines? I had it for a year, and no one comes to visit.
It's not a good idea to make me upset, and when my comments get removed I get really sad.

Documentation - The worst part of programming.