House Rules by Jodi Picoult
HOUSE RULES is about Jacob Hunt, a teenage boy with Asperger’s Syndrome. He’s hopeless at reading social cues or expressing himself well to others, and like many kids with AS, Jacob has a special focus on one subject – in his case, forensic analysis. He’s always showing up at crime scenes, thanks to the police scanner he keeps in his room, and telling the cops what they need to do…and he’s usually right. But then one day his tutor is found dead, and the police come to question him. All of the hallmark behaviors of Asperger’s – not looking someone in the eye, stimulatory tics and twitches, inappropriate affect – can look a heck of a lot like guilt to law enforcement personnel and suddenly, Jacob finds himself accused of murder.
House Rules looks at what it means to be different in our society, how autism affects a family, and how our legal system works well for people who communicate a certain way – but lousy for those who don’t. [Goodreads.com]
I want to read House Rules because:
- The storyline is interesting and the cover is quite nice.
- I want to learn more 'bout the Asperger's Syndrom.Well it's not like I can't get any info from net or books, but I think learning in fun way like this suit me better.
- I'm a forensic science stud, so the element of forensic analysis and solving crime really intrigue me.
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life--until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who captured his heart. But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else. "Dear John," the letter read...and with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives were changed forever. Returning home, John must come to grips with the fact that Savannah, now married, is still his true love and face the hardest decision of his life. [Goodreads.com]
I want to read Dear John because:
- I got inspired by the review posted by Darlyn of Darlyn N Book here. It was a great review Darlyn!!
- Because I want to have a try Sparks work, I thought he's a very awesome writer.
- Because I'm going crazy with the movie adapted from this book, starring Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum. They are great..(actually I haven't watch the movie yet. Just view the trailer...but I will)